
Combine that with the fact that I just spent a week on vacation with 4 couples...and myself. Granted, all of the couples were my family but I couldn't help but feel a little..off...when everyone went off to their rooms for the night and I went off to my sofa sleeper. I've been thinking a lot about my chronic singleness lately. Mostly because almost all of my friends are the married type or the serious lovey type.
I know in my heart of hearts that God's timing is perfect. I believe it. I have faith that these desires are so deeply a part of me because he will fulfill them in a way that is beyond what I can even comprehend. I know this. I believe it and I try to live by this. But...that ugly human impatience pulls at me from time to time. More than I should allow it to. I will be 25 this year, and to say that God's timing is different than mine is an understatement. He's growing me in this and sometimes it is a struggle for me to see that. Especially weeks like these. I am blessed beyond measure with a family and a group of friends who all remind me frequently of how great our God is.
I feel like this post sounds like a complaint....it isn't supposed to be. It's more of a reflection on where I am. And I am aware this is the only post I've written that isn't completely silly. I do, however, want to share one of my recent discoveries that is a perk to all this silly singleness. Her name is Erin Foster and every week she writes a "Single Girls Guide" that is a DELIGHT. Here are a few of my favorite lines:
"Until then, here’s a list of ways to avoid being a disaster.
-Drink less at weddings
-Hang out with fewer people who are getting married. They’re trying to ruin your life
-Close out tabs on your computer for adoption agencies before letting someone use your computer
-Don’t go on Millionaire Matchmaker
-Stop arguing that the movie is as good as the book. You’re wrong."
"Although I’m a grown ass woman of twenty-eight, my dad still asks me to text him when I get home safe at night because his theory is that there is no one making sure I’m still alive at the end of the day except for him.
Like, he basically thinks if I don’t get a husband I’m going to get killed.
Like, every day I continue to live without one I’m cheating death."
"In a world where Jennifer Aniston is the sad, unlovable girl who can’t get a man and she’s smoking hot with millions in the bank and the inventor of “The Rachel” haircut, you can easily see how hard it is out there to get it right."
"Take the pressure off yourself. There’s no rush. You’ve got this. You’re a pimp. You know all the words to every song in The Little Mermaid. Snap out of it."
"-If you want to meet up with someone you met online, ask if they’re a murderer first.
-Remember that no one is out of your league. Ryan Reynolds dated Alanis Morissette.
-Take notes when your girlfriends complain about their boyfriends or husbands. Reading these will get you through tough times."
"We don’t believe it when a guy says something we don’t want to hear. We just turn it into what we assume he’s trying to say. The simplest way to get into a good relationship is to believe what the person is saying to you"
"In summation ladies, its summer and you know what that means; we can’t hide our cellulite under tights. But it ALSO means, you can relax and have fun. Here are a few reasons to enjoy being single:
-Ryan Gosling is available. He’s often seen at 7-11 in the mornings and if he has low expectations for his coffee, it makes me feel like we all have a shot."
Okay...that was a lot. But seriously, this girl is stinking hilarious and I want to be her best friend.
P.S. All of the quotes came from http://hellogiggles.com/erin-foster . You should ch-ch-check it out.
I'm off to hike up that big hill in that picture with the fam. Let's hope I don't pass out half way up. It's high.
1 comment:
I love your blog. And, you. You are a pretty wonderful person.
PS when you make your roadtrips to CS for football games... we have a spare bedroom... free hoteling at Chez Wambrano :)
Post a Comment