Sunday, June 8, 2008

You wear those shoes, and I will wear that dress

I totally forgot about this thing. I guess all I needed to rediscover my procrastination hobbies was a boring Sunday evening, and an extreme desire to do anything other than Statistics homework.

I just read that last post, and realized I miss those kiddos at the Elementary school. Although, leaving them did take me somewhere I fell even more in love with. A Life Skills classroom at a middle school. I was terrified to go back to a middle school after my last experience. I quickly fell in love with all the kids, and I miss them everyday. I was actually excited every morning to go to class, and sad to leave at the end of the day. It was by far the most challenging setting I have been in. Physically and emotionally. I gained some muscles AND extreme patience. Life Skills is kind of a local term, so most people don't know exactly what it is. It is pretty hard to define, because the students have such a wide and varying set of abilities, but the class is comprised of students with severe and profound disabilities. I really think anyone that is thinking of becoming a teacher should spend time there. I learned so much, and my mentor teacher is one of the most amazing people I have ever spent time with. She taught me a lot. a lot. a lot. Ok, I will stop rambling about that, mostly because it is making my heart hurt. I miss them. Here is a video that makes my heart happy. It is one of my L.S. students dancing and singing with me in the gym. I hope it works.



Ok. My life now. I am taking Summer school. Education for English Language Learners. Or something like that. I can't remember the name, but that feels right. It is ok. I have...kind of... gotten over the fact that it is at 8 in the morning, and stealing my summer sleep away. I am also taking statistics. This is NOT ok. The fact that I am not so fond of math, paired with the fact that my professor is not the easiest to learn from, do not make for an enjoyable experience. I have lots of girls from my Special Education block in my class though, so we are getting by.

I have an interview tomorrow for Camp Aggieland. I hope I get it. If I do, I need to find a way to renew my CPR certification before then. eek. I have been super productive this summer so far though, so I am sure I can get it done. That sounded braggy. It wasn't supposed to.

I order my Aggie Ring this week. I won't get into how old this makes me feel. It also terrifies me. Not the ordering part. The getting my SENIOR ring part. I am trying not to mourn the loss of college before it's over, so I am going to stop. Remind me of this statement when I am freaking out about my future in a few days.

Ok, I should go study. Blar. This is a long post for something probably only my mom will read, and she already knows a lot of it. It's ok. She loves me. Have a beautiful week, friends!

1 comment:

Molly said...

megan i didn't know you had a blog until today... but i LOVE it. and your kids. and your clinton references. and i love you. i don't like that you are getting your aggie ring and we are old either. but i am trying not to think about it. i want to come to college station. gas is really expensive. dang it. but i am still planning on going to the wedding with y'all next weekend!