Oh, Wednesday. I feel like this week has taken forever and flown by all at the same time. I had a Statistics test today. It was not okay. I stress myself out far too much when it comes to that class. I just feel like, after spending 1 1/2 hours in class e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. and 2 hours in help lab e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y, I should be able to take these tests and make a decent grade. False. Oh, well. The girl I ordered my ring from today was very sympathetic, and she made me feel better since I had to go straight from my test to the Aggie Ring office. Let's move on to that. Aggie Rings! Whoop! It felt like a very Aggie moment, so I think the whoop was appropriate. It did reinforce the fact that I have the hands of a child. I don't understand. They don't match the rest of my body. I hated deciding on a ring size. Such a big commitment. I finally decided on the 4 3/4. I was too nervous to get anything smaller, because I would be devastated if it didn't fit on ring day! Anyway, hands of a child.
I helped this family find a building on campus today. They were here for their New Student Conference. That made me feel old. I remember coming to mine with my parents. I was way overwhelmed and terrified about college. Now I am an old lady, and I am terrified of leaving college.
I have watched an embarrassing amount of Jon and Kate Plus 8 this summer. I watch it everyday when Gilmore Girls is on commercial break, then I watch it every Monday at 8, and right now I am watching a marathon of episodes that I have seen before, but I can't resist. I have decided they have moved to the top of my list of celebrities I want to run into at the airport. I would need to show some serious restraint not to steal Leah and Aaden though. They melt my heart in the best way.
Sidenote about the music I am currently listening to: Josh Kelley makes me wish I was Katherine Heigl. He writes the best songs about her.
OH! I got the Camp Aggieland job! yay! It is a camp for kids in College Station, and we basically just do fun stuff everyday...play lots of sports and games, arts and crafts, and teach them about A&M. It is basically to provide a camp experience for kids whose parents otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it. I am excited, and think it will be lots of fun! I am most excited to go sledding on Mt. Aggie! We are also going ice skating all day one day. Scary. I have not been ice skating in YEARS. I need to brush up on my skills before I have to chase small children around. The guy in charge of the camp told me in my interview that he thinks I would work well with the 10-12 yr olds (the oldest group), because he feels like I would be able to "lay down the law" with them. what? I mean I am pretty confident that I can, since I spent a rough semester in a 6th grade classroom, but I am not so sure how he got that impression in the interview. Most people get the opposite feeling. whatev. I am excited!
Ok this is extremely random, and I am tired. I am off to watch more Jon and Kate Plus 8. Have a beautiful day!
P.S. All the titles of my posts are links to fun videos that are related! So ch-ch-check em out.
1 comment:
do you have a new josh kelley cd? i only have his first one which was pre-katherine heigl. i watched most of season one of grey's yesterday. it was great. there are some great lines from that season i had forgotten about. and i looove elevators. i also love you blog because a)i love you b)you are funny and c) you have links from your titles, bonus! i'm excited about this weekend and that we get to hang out! yay! oh and i got lots of cooking stuff for my apartment yesterday, i'm excited about being domestic. i thought you would appreciate that. and i agree with your bossman, i think you would be good with 10-12 years olds, because you are more competent and confident than the average bear. and you do well with ridiculous people that need to be taken care of, ie carpool and drunk people. ok love you megs. i hope statistics gets better. i am sorry it is lame-o.
Post a Comment