Hurricane Ike is moving in tonight. We shall see if it actually makes it to us all the way in C-Stat. Holly and I tried to go to the store earlier to get some just in case foods. Apparently we were way behind on this movement, because by the time we got there EVERYTHING was gone. I will try to remember to put up pictures later. We decided to get doritos, gatorade, and oreos. Just in case. I feel prepared.
This hurricane business has reminded me of my childhood dream to be a storm chaser and/or weather channel on site hurricane reporter. Jim Cantore you are a good man. I have literally been watching The Weather Channel alllll day long, and my desire to take his place just keeps growing and growing. I bet a few of mi amigo's that I was Hurricane partying it up with will be reading this, so I will shout out to them. HOLLA. We talked about squalls, and ate Mike and IKE's (in honor of our hurricane friend) and pancakes (in honor of...breakfast?). We showed up prepared for the squalls. Rain boots, Raincoats, and umbrellas. When I told madre this she called me nerdy. Awesome. Making mamma proud.
In other news, I discovered a new cookie recipe I love.
Today I was thinking about things that are incredibly satisfying to me. These are a few of my favorites:
1. Finishing an entire crossword. Particularly a Friday crossword.
2. Making perfect vacuum cleaner lines on the carpet.
3. Peeling an apple without breaking the skin.
4. Peeling dry glue.
That is all for now. I am off to brave the squalls and winds. Have a beautiful day!
1 comment:
meggers, i love you. you are so hot and wonderful. i loved your list of random thoughts and your favorite things. you are perfection in a person. i am obsessed with you. what?! i didn't mean to say that. but i am. what?!
Post a Comment