Monday, August 18, 2008

So, I just did me some talking to the sun...

Dear Megan,

From now on, I would appreciate it if you could check the weather before going out for your morning run. If you would simply have seen that it was supposed to rain at EXACTLY the time you were out, maybe your run would not have ended up like it did. Instead of just enjoying the cool weather, you ended up having to internally debate whether to keep running further from home in order to find somewhere dry to wait it out, or turn around and run home. This internal debate led you to run further and further until you were pretty far from home at your mom's school. Then you had to decide if you should just stand like a creeper under a tree until the rain cleared out, or embarrass your mom and go in to the school to use the phone or her CAR. You chose the creeper route, but the rain never stopped, so you had to suck it up and go back out in the rain and run. You were so annoyed and distracted by your desperate attempts to keep your brand new Ipod dry, that you couldn't even function. You had about 2.5 miles left in your run, were soaking wet, your big comfortable t-shirt now weighed about 37 pounds, you couldn't see because of all the crazy raindrops, you were overly concerned with falling, and sincerely hoping no one you knew would drive by. By the time you FINALLY got back to your neighborhood, the rain had now turned into a pretty steady downpour and you had to break into a Usain Bolt sprint if your Ipod had any hope of surviving your little adventure. This annoying experience could have been completely avoided had you clicked on weather.com before heading out that door. I'm just saying that's all. On the brightside of things, you had a pretty good run before the rain started, so there's that. Let's try again tomorrow, with a little more Boy Scout style preparation. Thanks and Gig 'Em.

Sincerely,
Megan the complainer.

Wow, that was a lot of complaining. I was just extremely annoyed with myself when I got back from my run. Also, I apparently didn't get all of my mascara off my right eyelashes when I washed my face last night, because I had a huge black smudge underneath my eye when I got back in. I must of been quite a vision to all the passing people out there. Eh, oh well. I am glad I got up early and ran. Just getting out of my bed at that early has been pretty interesting lately. I have been reminded lately that 10:30 pm Megan and 6:30 am Megan are two COMPLETELY different people. 10:30 pm Megan has the best intentions. She sets here alarm thinking "oh wow, that is PLENTY of time to sleep, and wake up feeling energized and ready to GO GO GO!", so she sets that early alarm and snuggles down into bed optimistically. Then the hours pass, the alarm goes off, and 6:30 am Megan takes her place. As soon as she frantically turns off the obnoxious alarm, those crazy thoughts start creeping in. "Wow, my bed is comfortable. Once I get up, I am never going to find this perfect little nook on my bed again. I should really go run though. Maybe, I can just let myself have 10 more minutes. What difference does 10 minutes really make? Actually, I will just rest my eyes. I won't go to sleep again. No, I should go back to sleep. I shouldn't have to force myself out of bed, it is unnatural. I should listen to my body." And then I drift back off till about 7:30, and get really mad at myself. I don't know how I am going to handle getting up so early everyday for school again. 6:30am Megan is very convincing.

I don't know what the deal is with this blog, and me referring to myself in third person, and writing notes to myself. I am awkward. I have high hopes for today! My loves are back from camp, so I get to see them this week! yayyy! I also get to go play with my sister's new puppy, and she is the most precious little girl in the world!

Have a beautiful day!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am so happy I know about this now! You are glorious! ;)